We are reopening!
OCTOBER 24, 2020
We are happy to announce that we are resuming indoor operations as of 10/25/20. We’ve implemented new guidelines to meet and exceed all mandatory COVID guidelines. However, if you are still not comfortable receiving services indoors. Don’t worry! We will still be able to serve you at our new outdoor location in the Los Feliz/Silverlake area.
We can’t wait to see you and help you look and feel your best. Your safety is our priority. We’ve kept our space and equipment squeaky clean while we’ve been away. We’ll continue to do so, and also thoroughly sanitize all stations, rooms, tables and equipment before and after each appointment.
- We’re reopening with updated hours and a revised service menu – we’ll look at adding additional services in the future.
- We’ve staggered our appointments and reorganized our rooms. That way, we can minimize contact between each client and allow for 6+ feet of social distancing, when needed.
- We’ve updated our pricing to cover our additional cleaning, sanitation, and supplies to keep both you, and our staff, safe.
- We’re no longer accepting walk-ins, appointments only, to ensure our waiting area is safe and social distancing guidelines are followed.
- We have a new intake and checkout process. We’ll send you all the details when you book.
- Please follow all CDC and/or LA County Health Department COVID-19 recommendations
- All clients must enter our spa with a face covering that covers nose, mouth, and chin, and keep it on throughout the entire facility. We apologize, but we are unable to serve you if you are unwilling or unable to wear a face covering.
- Patrons must practice social distancing.
- Clients must sanitize hands upon arrival.
- A temperature check will be conducted at entrance.
- Clients receiving a massage/body treatment must wear a face covering at all times.
- Please limit personal belongings in the spa to a minimum.
- Clients are requested to keep all conversation to a minimum since your therapist will be wearing a face mask making it more difficult to breathe and speak while doing body work. In addition the room doors are now open, the noise travels easily.
- If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home and call us at least two (2) hours before your appointment to reschedule and avoid any no show fees.
Due to our restricted capacity we would kindly appreciate if you give us as much notice as possible if you are not feeling well or are not going to make your appointment. We are operating on a thin margin, and trying to stay here for the long run, for our customers and the community. We need as much support to keep our business operating as efficiently as possible.
Some prices have changed please check our website to confirm prices or call us if you have questions.
What We Are Doing
The COVID-19 pandemic has hit us all hard. We at DESUAR Spa are no different, we have been closed for over 3 months, and we are trying to come to terms with the “new normal” that has been forced upon us all. But, above all else, we are concerned for the health and safety of our beloved clients and and staff that make up the DESUAR family. So, what are we doing to help safeguard everyone’s safety in addition to the high sanitation standards to which we’ve always proscribed?
- Prior to our reopening the entire spa has been thoroughly cleansed and sanitized.
- We have added state-of-the-art air cleaners from Molekule, these devices use the same technology certified by the FDA to destroy viruses & bacteria in medical facilities.
- Treatment room surfaces will be sanitized between appointments.
- We have added touch-less soap dispensers in the bathrooms, our faucets were already touch-less.
- Our sauna and showers will be closed until further notice.
- Self-serve beverage stations have been removed, but front-desk staff can provide you with a beverage (water/tea/wine) if you wish.
- Seating areas throughout the spa have been rearranged to ensure proper social distancing, but clients are encouraged not to linger in common areas for too long.
- Each night, after closing, the entire spa will be sanitized using medical grade virucide in an industrial atomizer/fogger machine.
- Room doors will remain open to improve airflow, curtains have been put in doorways for privacy.
- We are staggering our appointment times to reduce any crowding in lockers, or at check-in/check-out.
- All staff and clients will be temperature checked upon arrival.
- All staff and clients will wear face coverings that cover the nose, mouth, and chin throughout the facility, including in the treatment rooms. Facial appointment clients may remove their face coverings only while receiving treatment. We apologize, but we will not be able to serve you if you are unwilling or unable to wear a face covering.
- Clients are requested to keep all conversation to a minimum since your therapist will be wearing a face mask making it more difficult to breathe and speak while doing body work. In addition the room doors are now open, the noise can easily travel.